Spring Asparagus Salad
- The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
- 6 servings
- 1 cup Red Quinoa
- 3 cups Water
- ½ White onion, skin removed
- 1 Small carrot, peeled
- 4 Springs Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Champagne Vinegar
- 2.5 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Whole Butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- 2 bunches of Green Asparagus, peeled
- 2 bunches of White Asparagus, peeled
- 1 bunch raw shaved Green Asparagus
- 1 bunch raw shaved white Asparagus
- Small bundle of Finely Chopped Chives
- 1/2 bunch Finely Chopped Parsley
- Finely Chopped Chervil
- Finely Chopped Tarragon
- 1 Finely Chopped Shallot
- small container Nasturtium Leaves and Flowers
- Total Time:
- 1 Hour
- Boil the Quinoa in the water along with the other ingredients until quinoa has absorbed all the water and is tender. 2) Remove the finished quinoa and turn onto a sheet pan to cool.
- Remove the finished quinoa and turn onto a sheet pan to cool.
- In a blender; combine the vinegar and mustard
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until the vinaigrette has formed a emulsion
- Season to taste with the salt and sugar
- Boil the eggs in salted boiling water for 4 ½ minutes.
- Peel the eggs while still warm and place into a clean blender.
- Add the butter and begin to puree.
- Slowly add in the Olive Oil until a puree is formed
- Season with the Salt to Taste.
- Blanch each type of Asparagus, separately in boiling salted water until tender.
- Chill the Asparagus in an ice bath until cold.
- Remove and reserve.
- Dress the Quinoa with a touch of chopped shallot, and chopped herbs.
- Season with the Vinaigrette and salt and white pepper.
- Dress the asparagus with the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the prepared asparagus on chilled plates along with the prepared quinoa.
- Dress the shaved raw asparagus with the vinaigrette and season with the herbs and shallots, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the raw asparagus salad on the plate and garnish with the dressed nasturtium leaves and blossoms.
- Finish the dish with the prepared egg emulsion.
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2018 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.