- The Fairmont Washington, D.C.
- 2 small white onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5-6 plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 canned chipotle peppers or more depending in
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 4 cups poached chicken (loosely packed), Pulled
- Salt to taste
- 8-12 warm tortillas grilled or 8 to 12 tostadas
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 3-4 tablespoons Mexican queso añejo finely grate
- 1 cup Mexican crema or creme fraiche
- cilantro, minced, for garnish
- 10 MinutesPrep
- Total Time:
- 20 MinutesTotal
- In a large skillet, cook the onion, tomato in the oil over medium heat until crisp-tender and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chipotle peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and blend.
- In a separate sauté pan, lightly sauté the other onion (julienne).
- Stir in the chicken and onion, then taste, season with salt.
- Serve the mixture with warm grilled tortillas or tostadas. Tinga can be served hot or at room temperature.
- Let guests add avocado, crema, cheese and cilantro to taste.
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2018 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.