Spiced Apple Pear Cider
- The Fairmont Washington, D.C.
- 1 quart
- 20 apples or about 7 pounds of apples
- 2 pears
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Zest from 1 orange
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Optional toppings: whipped cream and caramel sauce
- Total Time:
- 2 Hours
- Wash and then core and slice the unpeeled apples.
- Place the apples into a food processor until the apples are well blended.
- Once you have created an applesauce consistency, pour the liquid through a cheesecloth and into a large pot.
- You may also use the cheesecloth to squeeze additional juice from the pureed apples.
- Puree the pears and follow the same steps as the apples.
- Once all the apple and pear juice has been poured into the pot, place it on the stove.
- Turn the heat into a low simmer and add all the ground spices into the juice.
- Place the whole cloves, whole allspice, and orange and lemon zest into a cheesecloth tied at the top with cooking yarn.
- Place the bag of spices into the juice and let simmer (uncovered) for 20 minutes.
- To spike the spiced cider, add one shot of dark rum to one cup of cider.
- Pour the drink into a mug and garnish with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2018 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.