Citrus Salad with a Spring touch
- Fairmont Tremblant
- 4-6 servings
- 2 medium red beets, tops trimmed
- 2 medium golden beets, tops trimmed
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 medium navel oranges (preferably Cara Cara)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, very thinly sliced crossw
- Good-quality extra-virgin olive(for drizzling)
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ rosemary roasted pine nuts
- ¼ a cup of dill (pick the leaves do not chop)
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Total Time:
- 1.5 Hours
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wash beets, leaving some water on skins.
- Wrap individually in foil; place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until beets are tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from all oranges; discard.
- Working over a medium bowl, cut between membranes of 1 grapefruit to release segments into bowl; squeeze juice from membranes into bowl and discard membranes. Slice Cara Cara orange crosswise into thin rounds. Place sliced oranges in bowl with the segments of lemon and grapefruit. Add lemon juice and lime juice.
- Peel cooled beets. Slice 2 beets crosswise into thin rounds. Cut remaining 2 beets into wedges. Strain citrus juices; reserve. Layer beets and oranges on plates, dividing evenly. Arrange fennel and onion over beets. Spoon reserved citrus juices over, then drizzle salad generously with oil. Season to taste with coarse sea salt and pepper. Let salad stand for 5 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Garnish salad with fennel leaves , pine nut and crumbled goat cheese.
A delightful combination of colors and flavors to cheer up as Spring is smoothly making its comeback!
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2017 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.