The Fairmont Banff Springs Lemon Tart
- The Fairmont Banff Springs
- 6 Lemons
- 1750 ml Water
- 7 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Vanilla Beans
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 Cups Pastry Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 250 ml Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 grams Gelatin
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Hours
- Wash the lemons, slice and remove the seeds. Place in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and keep the lemons and water at a rolling boil, and cook until the lemon rind is soft and slightly translucent, roughly 45 -60 minutes. Once the lemons have softened, add the sugar and cook to dissolve the sugar, bring back to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the vanilla and transfer the contents to a blender.
- Return to the pot and cook for an additional 10 mins until jam thickens, stir frequently. Let cool a little, store in the fridge overnight.
- Using paddle attachment blend the flours, sugar, salt and butter.
- Add the yolks and bring together.
- Bloom the gelatin in cold water and set aside. Bring the juice and the sugar to a boil and temper in the eggs. Return to the heat and cook to 85°C and add the gelatin. Remove from the heat and cool to 45°C and add butter and emulsify with blender.
- Line tart ring with tart dough and then place in the oven and bake at 350f until very light brown
- Remove from the oven, let cool a little and remove ring, place in fridge and allow to cool.
- Deposit lemon curd into medium hemisphere flexipan, freeze solid.
- Remove cooled tart base from the fridge and then fill ¾ with the lemon curd.
- Place into the freezer and freeze solid.
- Once frozen remove and place a lemon curd dome onto a prepared tart base.
- Decorate with white chocolate and serve.
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2017 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.