Chef Eraj's Bacon Bourbon Cookies
- The Fairmont Winnipeg
- 2-½ cups All-purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cups Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- ¼ cups Bacon Fat, Chilled
- ¾ cups Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Bourbon Or Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 8 ounces, weight Dark Chocolate Chips Or Chunks
- ¾ pounds Bacon, Diced
- 1. In a large pan, or in the oven under broil, cook bacon or diced bacon pieces. Drain the pieces on a paper towel and reserve the fat, draining it into a bowl to chill in the refrigerator until it has hardened to the consistency of room temperature butter.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and whisk together.
- 3. Beat the butter, bacon fat, sugars, bourbon, and vanilla together in the bowl of a mixer until the sugar and butter are combined.
- 4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- 5. Beat in the flour mixture about 1/2 cup at a time. Beat in the chocolate chips and bacon bits.
- 6. Bake at 375ºF for 9-12 minutes or until desired level of golden brown. Let cool.
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2017 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.