Roasted Scallops, Watercress and Asparagus Cappuccino with Québec Caviar
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
- Serves 4
- 12 Scallops
- 1 medium leek, washed and finely cut
- Olive oil
- 1 Potato, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3.5 oz fresh watercress
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 Bunch of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- Salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons Québec caviar (or Sevruga)
- 15 Minutes
- Total Time:
- 30 Minutes
- In a medium frying pan, sauté leek in olive oil on low heat until tender without browning.
- Stir in cubed potatoes and add broth and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer until cooked.
- Add watercress and immediately remove from stovetop.
- In a separate pot, cook asparagus in salted water until al dente.
- Remove and immerse in ice water to stop cooking. Reserve 4 tips for garnish, slice lenghtwise.
- In a food processor, purée all cooked vegetables.
- Return puréed vegetables to frying pan, add cream. Season to taste. Keep on low heat.
- Before serving, whip with a handheld blender until frothy.
- On high heat, sauté scallops in olive oil and season to taste.
- Once cooked, remove from pan and pat dry.
- Place in a shallow dish and spoon hot cappuccino over scallops.
- Garnish with a dollop of caviar and asparagus tips.
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2018 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.