Lemon Raspberry Meringue Tart
- The Savoy
- 3 Tarts
- 250g Butter
- 250g Sugar
- 100g Eggs (20)
- 500g Cake Flour
- 250g Lemon Juice
- 250g Raspberries
- 140g Egg Yolks
- 160g Whole Eggs
- 150g Sugar
- 150g Butter
- 3g Powder Gelatine
- 600g Sugar
- 300g Water
- 300g Egg Whites
- 3 Hours
- Total Time:
- 1 Day
- Mix soft butter and sugar very lightly
- Add eggs and mix until combined
- Add the flour and mix just until combined
- Let the dough chill in the fridge overnight
- Roll to 5mm thick and line your 10cm tart shell.
- Bake at 180C until golden brown
- Boil lemon juice, raspberries and sugar
- Whisk in eggs and bring to boil
- Add gelatine and pass thought a strainer
- Leave to cool to 35ºC -40ºC and blend in the butter
- Pour into the pre-baked tart shell and leave to cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until cold and set
- Bring sugar and water to a boil and cook to 121°C. Check the temperature with a candy thermometer.
- Place egg whites in a stand mixer and begin mixing on a medium speed. Pour the hot sugar over the egg whites while it is whisking and continue to whisk until the meringue is room temperature and stiff peaks have formed.
- Spread the meringue over the top of the lemon tart approximately 3cm thick. Caramelise the top with a blow torch until golden brown.
- The finished tart can be served right away or stored covered in the fridge.
More Posts From This Category
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
Copyright ©2017 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. All rights reserved.Fairmont.com
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.