10 Reasons to Plan a Safari Trip to Kenya’s Fairmont Mara Safari Club
A safari tour in Kenya is on the top of most people’s bucket lists. Whether it’s getting that up close and personal view of the African bush, watching the animals run free in the wild, or flying high above elephants roaming, these are experiences that spark travel wanderlust for years. And the perfect place to share those memories is the Fairmont Mara Safari Club.
Named one of Travel and Leisure Magazine’s Top 20 Luxury Resorts, the Fairmont Mara Safari Club is unlike any hotel experience you’ve ever had before. Here are our top 10 reasons to plan a safari trip to Kenya’s Masai Mara. (Although there are much more than 10 reasons!)
1. It’s super secluded. Fairmont Mara Safari Club is located in the Masai Mara National Game Reserve, with the Mara River surrounding three sides of this luxury safari club. Not easily available to get to via private car, guests are flown in to an airstrip about ten minutes away from the club.
2. The Best Weather: With average temperatures around 75 degrees during the day and game drives available year around, there really isn’t a bad time to visit the Masai Mara.
3. This isn’t your average tent: With four-poster beds, beautiful canopies and pillow top mattresses, you’ll have the best nights sleep of your life in these luxury tents. Each of the 51 tents has an extended private viewing deck, overlooking the hippos and crocodiles in the Mara River.
4. Outdoor Showers in the bush: Haven’t you always wanted to shower to the sounds of buffalo, rhinos and elephants in the background? A handful of the tents offer a private, yet open, shower that has hot and cold running water. No need to sacrifice comfort on your vacation while still having an out-of-the-city experience.
5. Sunset Cocktails will never be the same: Hop in one of the club’s Land Cruisers and drive out into the bush to find the perfect spot to view the sunset. The staff will have a signature cocktail ready to pour just as the sun dips below the horizon.
6. We’ve upped your Brunch game: Embark on your private hot air balloon ride early in the morning to a perfect spot on the savannah to watch the animals, complete with a champagne toast.
7. Zebras, Cheetahs and Wildebeests, oh my!: Fairmont Mara Safari Club is the perfect location for animal lovers to see the Big Five. Located within the Maasai Mara ecosystem, visitors will also get to see gazelles, zebras, giraffes, cheetahs, rhinos and wildebeests in their nature habitat.
8. Walk, drive & fly above the Big Five: Beyond the traditional game drives (visitors have access to two a day), you can join guides on walking tours of the bush, or even lift off in a hot air balloon for your own private flight above the incredible animals.
9. A unique cultural experience: No trip to Kenya would be complete without a visit to a Masai village. Visitors have the opportunity to experience the traditional culture, meet with the locals to learn about weaving, jewelry making and the customs of life in the Mara. The men of the tribe perform a traditional Masai dance to welcome you to the area.
10. Most Unique way to say I Do: Start your journey to wedded bliss with a traditional Masai wedding ceremony. You and your partner will be adorned in traditional tribal clothing as a Masai dance is performed to chanting and singing. A laibon will seal the marriage by pouring milk over the couple’s feet. An ‘out of Africa’ reception of dancing and food completes the magical night.
To book your Fairmont Safari experience, visit www.fairmont.com/masai-mara-safari