Fairmont Win Your Original Summer Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Fairmont Win Your Original Summer Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for purposes of entering the Promotion. Employees of Fairmont Hotels, Inc., Lucidia Ltd., ePrize, Inc., and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Promotion or production or distribution of Promotion materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), an instant win game ("Instant Win Game"), and a contest (the “Contest”).
2. Sponsor: Fairmont Raffles Hotels International Inc., 155 Wellington St. West, Ste. Suite 3300, Toronto, Ontario M5V 0C3, Canada. Administrator: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069
.3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins on May 31, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 8, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion consists of two (2) Phases (each a "Phase"). Phase 1 consists of a Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game ("Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game Phase") and Phase 2 consists of a Contest and a Sweepstakes ("Contest and Sweepstakes Phase"). The Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game Phase begins on May 31, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on August 15, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The Contest and Sweepstakes Phase begins on August 19, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on November 8, 2013 at 11:59 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest consists of three (3) phases as set forth in the chart below.
|Contest Period Phase||Start Date
(at 12:00 a.m. ET)
(at 11:59 a.m. ET)
|Submission||August 19, 2013||October 11, 2013|
|Judging||October 12, 2013||October 21, 2013|
|Voting||October 22, 2013||November 8, 2013|
Phase 2 Sweepstakes Entry Periods: Phase 2 consists of eight (8) weekly entry periods (each a "Weekly Entry Period") as outlined in the chart below:
(at 11:59 p.m. ET)
|Approximate Drawing Date|
|1||August 19, 2013||August 25, 2013||August 26, 2013|
|2||August 26, 2013||September 1, 2013||September 2, 2013|
|3||September 2, 2013||September 8, 2013||September 9, 2013|
|4||September 9, 2013||September 15, 2013||September 16, 2013|
|5||September 16, 2013||September 22, 2013||September 23, 2013|
|6||September 23, 2013||September 29, 2013||September 30, 2013|
|7||September 30, 2013||October 6, 2013||October 7, 2013|
|8||October 7, 2013||October 11, 2013||October 14, 2013|
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter:
a) The Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game: During the Sweepstakes Phase, visit http://fairmonthotels.promo.eprize.com/match or visit the Win Your Original Summer Contest application on the Fairmont Hotels Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fairmonthotels. If you do not already "like" the Fairmont Hotels Facebook page, you must first click on the "like" button to access the application. Follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address and the country you reside in, and you automatically receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period drawings and one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. To play the Instant Win Game, follow the links and instructions and Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game. Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) time per day and play the Instant Win Game one (1) time per day during the Sweepstakes and Instant Win Phase. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Share on Facebook: After you enter the Sweepstakes and Play the Instant Win Game in Phase 1, you will be invited to share the Promotion on Facebook. For each friend that clicks on the unique link and registers for the Sweepstakes, you will earn one (1) additional entry into the Phase 1 Sweepstakes. Limit: Three (3) bonus entries per day for sharing on Facebook during Phase 1.
Tell A Friend Program: After you enter the Sweepstakes, you will be invited to submit the names and email addresses of up to three (3) friends who must be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Each person that you refer will receive an email notifying him or her about the Sweepstakes. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship. For each referral of up to three (3) friends with valid email addresses, you will be given one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes up to a total of three (3) additional entries per day during Phase 1 (the Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game Phase).
b) The Contest and Sweepstakes Phase: During the Contest
Submission Phase, visit the Fairmont's Original Summer Photo Contest application on the Fairmont Hotels Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fairmonthotels or visit www.everyonesanoriginal.com and follow the links and instructions to register for the Contest and upload one (1) photo that expresses the theme "Share Your Fairmont Summer Story" (the “Photo”). You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest and one (1) entry into the apply Sweepstakes Weekly Entry Period. By completing the registration and submitting your Photo, you agree that your Photo conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Photo and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Photo fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Photo must be in in BMP, FIF, GIF, IEF, JPE, JPEG, JPG, TIF, TIFF, or PNG format;
- The Photo must not exceed 5 MB in size;
- The Photo must contain a caption and description which includes the Fairmont property name where the photo was taken;
- The Submission's caption and description must be in English;
- The Photo cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The Photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Photo must not contain brand names or trademarks, except for Sponsor's trademark for which entrant has a limited license to use for the sole purposes of creating and uploading a Photo into this Contest;
- The Photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Photo is created.
For all Photos: Uploading a Photo constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Photo. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Photos, which are disqualified. Limit: Each entrant may upload eight (8)Submissions during the Submission Phase. Entrant may receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per Submission during the Contest and Sweepstakes Phase. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries/ Submissions by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries/ Submission and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entrants must have permission from all individuals that appear in a Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including or promotional or marketing purposes. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries/Submissions, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry/ Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the processes set forth below.
a) Phase 1 Sweepstakes: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries received on or around August 16, 2013. Potential winners will be contacted by email after the date of the applicable drawing.
b) Phase 1 Instant Win Game: There will be eleven (11) random, computergenerated winning times during the Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game Phase. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
c) Phase 2 Contest: The Contest winners will be determined through the process outlined below:
I. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the top ten (10) Photos (eacha “Finalist”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Fit to Contest Theme (30%);
- Creativity/Originality (20%);
- Quality and Composition of Photo (30%); and
- Fairmont Brand Visibility/Recognition (20%).
In the event of a tie, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine the Finalist based on the Photo that received the highest score in the Fit to Contest Theme category.
II. Voting Phase: During the Voting Phase, the Finalists will be posted in a gallery for public voting available at www.facebook.com/fairmonthotels and/or www.everyonesanoriginal.com.Individuals who meet the eligibility criteria set forth in Section 1 will be invited to vote for their favorite Finalist. Limit: Each entrant may vote one (1) time per finalist photo during the Voting Phase. The Finalist that receives the highest number of votes during the Voting Phase will be the potential Contest Grand Prize winner, the Finalist that receives the second highest number of votes during the Voting Phase will be the potential Contest First Prize winner, and the Finalist that receives the third highest number of votes during the Voting Phase will be the potential Contest Second Prize winner. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Contest Grand, First, or Second prize winner should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way. In case of a tie, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will select the potential winner based on an application of the Judging Criteria. Each potential Contest winner will be notified by email on or around November 12, 2013. Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any voter to obtain more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that voter's votes and that voter may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to vote will result in disqualification. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
d) Phase 2 Sweepstakes: Sponsor is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Phase received on or around the dates indicated in the chart above in Section 4. Non-winning entries do not carry over into subsequent Weekly Entry Periods. Potential winners will be contacted by email after the date of the applicable drawing.
7. Winner Requirements: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential Sweepstakes Grand prize winner and the potential Contest Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator/Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident he/she will be required to answer a time limited skill testing question without assistance, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Contest winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be determined by the Photo with the next highest number of votes. If after three (3) attempts a Contest winner is not confirmed, the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. In the event that a potential Sweepstakes Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Photo and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Photo and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Photo for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Photo and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Photo. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks or earlier after end of Sweepstakes or Contest.
a. Phase 1 Sweepstakes: ONE (1) SWEEPSTAKES GRAND PRIZE: 150,000 miles (Aeroplan miles for Canadian residents and United MileagePlus miles for US residents) and a certificate for a three (3) night stay at a Fairmont hotel. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") $5,262 USD. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Phase.
b. Phase 1 Instant Win Game: ELEVEN (11) INSTANT WIN GAME PRIZES: 10,000 miles (Aeroplan miles for Canadian residents and United MileagePlus miles for US residents). ARV: $250 USD.
c. Phase 2 Contest: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: 100,000 miles (Aeroplan miles for Canadian residents and United MileagePlus miles for US residents) and a $500 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts gift card. Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. ARV: $3,000 USD. ONE (1) CONTEST FIRST PRIZE: A $300 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts gift card. ARV: $300 USD. ONE (1) CONTEST SECOND PRIZE: A $100 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts gift card. ARV: $100 USD. Limit: One (1) Contest Prize per person.
d. Phase 2 Sweepstakes: EIGHT (8) WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: 10,000 miles (Aeroplan miles for Canadian residents and United MileagePlus miles for US residents). Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Phase. ARV: $250 USD.
For all prizes: Terms and Conditions of gift cards apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a component thereof for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV FOR ALL PRIZES: $13,412 USD.
Aeroplan Miles have no cash value but are redeemable under the Aeroplan Program for flights and other rewards. The retail value of rewards obtained using Aeroplan Miles will vary depending on the Aeroplan reward schedules and other factors, details of which may be found at www.aeroplan.com. Aeroplan Miles may be redeemed only in accordance with the Aeroplan Program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice. Taxes, landing and departure fees, and other charges and surcharges may apply to Aeroplan reward travel, and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Full terms and conditions of the Aeroplan Program are available on-line at www.aeroplan.com.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, the applicable winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Lucidia Ltd., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, inclulding, but not limited to, United Airlines, Inc. and its affiliates (“United”) and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Aimia Canada Inc. (“Aeroplan”) is only a prize supplier in this Contest and is not responsible for the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draw.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/17oTlQQ. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
15. MileagePlus Disclaimer: Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count or qualify for Premier® status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are theresponsibility of the member. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the program. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to www.united.com.
© 2013 ePrize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.
® Aeroplan is a Registered Trademark of Aimia Canada Inc.